Sunday, April 14, 2013

Project in Progress: Flower Cushion


I have had the idea of making a decorative cushion with crochet flowers for quite a while. Finally, I set my hands to implement the idea into life.   



I want to make a cushion for my bedroom, which is decorated in three colors – white, pale green, and light blue. The flowers on my cushion should be in those colors but in different sizes and shapes.



I’m not following any specific pattern; therefore, this project requires some experimenting. At first, I used two big granny square to make the cushion cover. However, I soon discovered that wasn’t a good choice as my finished cover stretched and simply didn’t hold its shape. I tried single crochets into back loops only and it seems to work well.

The yarn I’m using for the cushion cover is recycled. It came from an old sweater of mine that I knitted seven or eight years ago. But I’m using new yarn to make the flowers as I want them to be perfect.

I can’t wait to finish this decorative cushion! I believe it will add some romantic charm to my bedroom decor.


12 comments:

  1. Looks like a lovely project. You have done a good job by recycling. Waiting to see it completed :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is going to be stunning!
    xo Kris

    ReplyDelete
  3. voy a estar muy pendiente de este proyecto porque seguro que te va a quedar precioso!! un besito.maria:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sure it will be very beautiful. Can't wait to see it finished.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This project is looking great. The white flowers are so pretty - the yarn looks so soft and light. I'll look forward to seeing it finished!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea, you are so creative.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  7. Some very very pretty and creative flowers. Hugs Judy

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's promessing... I'll wait to see the result !
    Have a nice week !
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ольга, красивые цветы и интересные квадраты. Очень интересно какой получится подушка.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The colors look very cool and calm, perfect for a bedroom. It already looks nice, but can't wait to see the end result. :)
    And my lacy baby blanket is finished. Please do visit my blog to have a look, whenever you have time.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It is going to be lovely! The colors are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. These flowers are beautiful & delightful, I like your choice of colors and it will be beautiful..thank you for sharing this with us all.

    ReplyDelete