Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Caron Simply Soft Lace Scarf Free Crochet Pattern




I had some leftover Caron Simply Soft Yarn in peach color, so I made a lacy scarf.

I can't say exactly how many yards it took. I don't think it was a full skein. If I had a bit more of the yarn, I would've made my scarf longer and added some fringe. 

As it is, my scarf measures 57 inches long and 9.5 inches wide. 

I worked with size H/8 (5 mm) hook.



The lacy pattern looks somewhat complicated, but it's quite easy actually. After the first couple of rows, you only need to repeat one row. 

The pattern looks the same on both sides. 



Ch 45. 

Row 1: dc in 7th ch from hook (skipped ch count as 1st dc and ch 1), *ch 1, skip next ch, dc in next ch* across. (21 dc, 20 ch-1 spaces)

Row 2: ch 5, turn (count as 1st dc and ch 2), skip next (second) dc, *(sc, ch 3, 3 dc) all in next dc, skip next dc, sc in next dc, ch 5, skip next dc* across, sc in last dc (that's basically 3rd ch of turning ch). 







Row 3: ch 5, turn (counts as 1st dc and ch 2), *skip next 2 dc, sc in next dc, ch 3, dc in each of next 3 ch, sc in next ch-5 space, ch 5* across, ending with sc in last dc (that's basically 3rd ch of turning ch-5).



Repeat Row 3 until desired length.

Next Row: ch 6, turn (counts as 1st dc and ch 3), *skip next 2 dc, sc in next dc, ch 3, skip next ch-3 space, sc in next ch-5 space, ch 3* across, ending with sc in last dc. 

Last Row: ch 4, turn (counts as 1st dc and ch 1), *dc in 2nd (middle) ch of next ch-3, ch 1, dc in next sc, ch 1* across, ending with dc in last dc. 

Fasten off. 

Add fringe if desired. 





I'm linking this post to 

Crochet Patterns from my Shop

14 comments:

  1. I love a good scarf pattern and this one looks so delicate and soft. I have a lot of single skeins I could use this pattern with. The afghan in your last post is beautiful by the way. It has a great Autumn look. :)
    xx Beca

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very delicate scarf. I love the color too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such a pretty scarf you made. I love the lacy look to it and the color. I hope you enjoy wearing this scarf.
    Have a nice week.
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very delicate! Love the lacy look of this scarf!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a pretty stitch and scarf you made Olga. Thanks for sharing this at C&C with J&J. Enjoy the week.
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful scarf! Thanks for sharing the pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh what a lovely pattern! ♥ Looks very nice in this color. Thanks for sharing & happy weekend! Nata xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello, I know this comment is coming a long time after you posted your lovely pattern but I would like to know what the foundation chain count would be if I only made it 4 "stripes" wide instead of the 5 you have in your project. Thanks! I really want to make this scarf :) My email address is sandieb@shaw.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The stitch is a multiple of 4, plus 1. I should add that to the pattern.

      Delete
    2. Hi Olga, if i would like to increase the width, then i can keep base chain as multiple of 4 plus 1, is that correct? It is a beautiful pattern, thanks for sharing, i would love to make it a bit wider.

      Delete
  9. Hi Olga..I need to make a broader scarf of Caron simply soft scarf..Really like the pattern so can I make the same with 57 stitches instead of 45..kindly confirm..thx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Freshly Bloom Keto This dietary supplement is likewise lower priced compared to other weight loss products. It is a less highly-priced however very powerful product. It promotes healthful weight loss with the aid of burning unwanted fats in the frame. The components quick shifts the body from a carb cycle to fats cycle.
    Read News >> http://freshlybloomketoscam.over-blog.com/freshly-bloom-keto

    ReplyDelete
  11. This Keto Twenty One nutritional complement is likewise low priced in comparison to different weight reduction merchandise. It is a much less high-priced however very effective product. It promotes wholesome weight loss with the useful resource of burning undesirable fat in the body. The additives short shifts the frame from a carb cycle to fat cycle.
    Read More >>> https://www.completefoods.co/diy/recipes/what-is-keto-twenty-one

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nature Crave Keto the ones wealth accrued unsaturated fats to your Nature Crave Keto. Nature Crave Keto is made out of the tropical obtrusive issue referred to as Nature Crave Keto. You may recollect what's in this standard element. Certainly like with every other trademark element it's far being evolved stacked with the vast nutrients and Nature Crave Ketos however there is one thing which confines this is its key settling known as .

    ReplyDelete